Did you know the galvanized pipe was used in homes between 1930 until 1960?
Important things to look out for:
- Is it metal and is it magnetized
- Mineral deposits can accumulate within the piping causing blockage reducing water pressure
- If you see dirty water come out right when you turn on the water could indicate galvanized plumbing
- As corrosion deepens, the compromised piping system’s stability could cause leaks.
- Some homeowners insurance may not cover your home if it has galvanized plumbing
A home inspector can help find out what type of plumbing you have in your home. If you have questions or concerns, please call us directly.