It’s important to know if you have one or not. Some homes even have a hybrid crawl space and knowing what a house has can be very beneficial during home ownership. Things a home inspector is looking for when in a crawl space can be a lot. Some main things can include foundation condition, type of floor, HVAC equipment, lighting, supports, and insulation.
Crawl Space Pros:
- Cheaper to build
- Can have the ugly HVAC or Hot Water Heater out of sight
- Plumbing and electrical cal also be out of site in the crawl space
- If unheated, cheaper utility costs
Crawl Space Cons:
- Missing additional living space
- HVAC and Hot Water heater are harder for maintenance workers to service
- Its dirty under the house
- If a hoarder can hide your addiction from family & friends
If unsure what you have, please give us a call and we would be happy to help. Having a local home inspector take a look can help you become a more informed home owner.